I am a real nerd when it comes to New Year’s resolutions and after a couple of years of keeping to really basic More/Less drawings, I’m back to more rigorous planning for 2022. I think it’s because I’m starting to feel ever so slightly >hopeful<. Hopeful that these terrible pandemic years are coming to an end, hopeful that we will be able to stop living in a constant state of stress and uncertainty, hopeful that we can move forward again soon.
Good resolutions open up your year to richer and more rewarding experiences, and this is what I was striving for here.
vgriff’s 2022 Resolutions
- Read more broadly (follow Read Harder 2022) and deeply (pay attention to the writing, take good notes, write reviews)
- Work on writing out what I think and feel, and share it
- Document these precious days in photographs, writing, and art
- Take lots of classes to keep learning
- Submit three pieces of writing for publication
- Give more money away
- Get outside and walk (or bike) every day
- Bicycle the Olympic Discovery Trail from Pt Townsend to La Push
- Say what I’m feeling to the people I love
- Spend my time where it counts